Products by application sector
Here we have put all products according to their most used application. Some products have only one clear application, but most do have several different fields of application or are used in complete different industries. So it is very well possible you will find one and the same product named in different industries.
Please let us know if you can not find the one you may be looking for in particular.
CHEMICAL + OIL & GAS INDUSTRY | CYCLOHEXANE
Cyclohexane (also known as CYX, hexamethylene, hexahydrobenzene, hexanaphthene, and benzenehexahydride) is a colourless, volatile, and flammable liquid with the formula C6H12. It has a mild odour and is insoluble in water but soluble in alcohol, ether, acetone and benzene. Cyclohexane occurs naturally in petroleum crude oil, volcanic gases and cigarette smoke.
Cyclohexane is used in the nylon industry where approximately 90% of it is consumed in the industrial production of adipic acid and caprolactam, which are used to generate nylon 6 and nylon 6.6. The remaining 10% is used both as a solvent for paints, resins, varnish and oil, and as a plasticiser. Cyclohexane can also be used as an intermediate in the manufacture of other industrial chemicals such as cyclohexanone and nitrocyclohexanone.
Cas: 110-82-7Download specifications